Hello dear CSI: Miami Maniacs! How have you been? This time I would like to welcome our new guest writer, Anshul Kapila from India. He submitted a great article about skills needed to be digital forensics specialist.
About the author
Kimik studios is a leading advertising agency based in the capital of India i.e.: Delhi.
Established in the year 2015 with an aim to take mid-level size industries digitally. The team includes creative people inhaling and exhaling creativity. Since 2015 we have successfully handled more then 200+ clients with 100% satisfaction. Being one of the best social media agency in Delhi and NCR. Kimik has always believed in delivering creative and engaging campaigns.
Skills required for the successful career in Digital Forensics
Want to know what all skills are required to be a successful career in Digital Forensics?
Here are some of the skills which should be there for building a successful career as a digital forensics examiner.
- Technical Skills: Since, the field is all about being technically skilled one must have good knowledge and interest in the field of computers, programming and coding. If you are a computer and technology geek then you can surely opt digital forensic as your career
- Analytical Aptitude: One should be amazing when it comes to analytical skill. Speedy logical thinking and keen observation skills are often tested in the exams of digital forensics.
- Knowledge about cybersecurity: The main job role of digital forensics is to solve cyber-crimes. It is impossible to control crimes without having knowledge about the techniques which are used to solve these crimes. If you are planning a career in digital forensics you should definitely learn about cybersecurity and its techniques.
- Communication Skills: One needs to communicate with the team and people you are working with. Communication skills also play a crucial role in the final interview. Having strong writing and communication skills is extremely necessary to communicate with the staff and externally.
- Willing and Desire to Learn New Every time: Cybersecurity is evolving in nature, so one must always be willing to learn and stay up-to-date. Self-evolvement with time is also very important in this field.
Thank you, Anshul for submitting that nice article on especially relevant topic. Now all the CSI fans will know what does one need to learn to be an expert in digital forensics. What are your opinions about Anshul’s post? Share your views on digital forensics skills in the comments.